After taking an extremely long break from this space, I have the sudden urge to get back into my habit of blogging. Truth be told, I find it helps me feel a sense of gratitude in my life. Looking back over old posts gives me a boost of positivity. It helps me see all the good in my life in a very physical sense. I also enjoy being part of a greater blogging community of like-minded people, trading ideas and inspiration.With that, I have always loved the Dreamy/Practical lists that Mary Beth of Salt and Chocolate puts together. It helps her head into her valuable weekends with a sense of balance. I’m a big list maker, so her approach really appeals to me. I like the idea of focusing on both the fun and “work” aspects of a weekend. I have a tendency to get bogged down with to-do lists of chores, so working the dreamy aspect of life into my to-do list is a good habit. I think it will give my weekends a better sense of focus and balance…allowing me to get them most out of them.
This weekend’s list is pretty light so far…
· Take a beach walk with the boys.
· Set up the fall nature table (with help from the boys).
· Special eat out lunch date to their favorite restaurant.
· Visit with my parents and dinner out!
· Visit my sister and her family.
· Get a bit of bulk cooking done for the week ahead (granola and lunchbox cookies and muffins for the freezer)
· Tidy up the garage entry way – putting away unused summer gear.